What is SEPTA? SEPTA is a district-wide Special Education Parent Teacher Association which meets frequently to ensure a free appropriate public education for children with special needs, and the gifted and talented. West Babylon SEPTA works to promote a rewarding educational and social experience for all children. We strive to elevate community awareness, acceptance and support of all our special need students. We also hope to enrich parents and families with valuable information, lectures and support groupings.
How Can You Support West Babylon SEPTA?
- become an active member
- attend monthly meetings, lectures and support groups
- ask your teachers, principals, administration and community leaders to get involved and attend meetings
- volunteer your time
- support our fundraisers
- be informed and
- spread the news to others in our community!
- To ensure each special needs and gifted children receives the best possible free appropriate public education, resulting in the child reaching his or her full potential.
- To encourage children with special needs to participate in regular education programs as much as possible,
- To bring together our community of parents, teachers, administrators, therapists and friends of children with varying needs in order to share their experiences and expertise.
- To keep parents informed of issues and changes in the laws affecting their children.
- To familiarize parents with the Committee on Special Education (CSE) and its process of programs for children with special needs.
- To offer our parents and families support with informative lectures and support groups.
- To educate the community at large for the need of Special Education Programs.
- To educate everyone, including general education students, about the importance of acceptance for all in our community.