Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources
Welcome to the Human Resources Webpage!
The Human Resources Office is dedicated to:
- Recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most highly qualified staff that will provide an education of equity and excellence for all students;
- Promoting positive labor relations through collaborative problem-solving and open communication;
- Outlining clear and high expectations for all;
- Ensuring a safe and professional work environment that emphasizes mutual respect and maximizes employee effectiveness;
- Providing employment-related resources and information to employees with an emphasis on timely responsiveness and service.
As the Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, I am responsible for
- Coordinating all activities related to staffing needs and staffing projections
- Developing job descriptions and posting all open positions for all district staffing
- Supervising the employment application process
- Preparing recommendations for appointment, placement, salary and leave of absence requests for the Superintendent of Schools
- Maintaining all personnel records
- Conducting an orientation program for new personnel
- Reviewing summative evaluations and conducting probationary reviews
- Coordinating staff development opportunities with the Executive Director for Curriculum and Instruction
- Serving as the Title IX Compliance Officer for sexual harassment complaints
- Completing the Title I and Title II SED grants
- District adherence to Residency Policy
- District adherence to Contractual Bargaining Agreements
- Conducting personnel investigations
- Assisting the Superintendent in the supervision of personnel
If you have any questions relating to Human Resources, please feel free to contact my office.