Five Competencies of SEAL
Students will develop self-awareness by:
- Developing self respect and a positive self image.
- Knowing their boundaries, motivations and intentions.
- Identifying their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Developing methods to be successful including understanding their own learning styles
Students will develop self management by:
- Learning to set clears goals.
- Learning to self reflect and self evaluate.
- Demonstrating self control.
- Learning time management and prioritization.
- Learning to regulate their emotions and reduce stress.
Students will learn to be socially aware by:
- Demonstrating empathy, sensitivity,patience, compassion and consideration.
- Learning the importance of personal space.
- Understanding the role of socioeconomic status in people's lives.
- Demonstrating generosity, flexibility, tolerance, fairness and reliability.
- Demonstrating proper etiquette in different situations.
Students will develop relationship skills by:
- Developing speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrating respect for others.
- Developing trust, honesty, and encouragement in interactions with others.
Students will be able to make responsible decisions by:
- Determining the pros and cons while thinking about consequences.
- Choosing peers wisely to avoid peer pressure and avoid uncomfortable situations.
- Learning to seek input and advice from others.
- Learning to consistently follow school rules and regulations.